Tuesday, June 25, 2013

More Plans

I wasn't as successful finding a cheap flight from Madrid to London as I was from Glasgow to Barcelona.  I looked at every option I could come up with, and the best I could do was an EasyJet flight from Madrid to London Gatwick for 177 euros.  Time is getting relatively short, and I was afraid it would only get worse, so I took it.  I guess I can't really complain, since everything else has come together pretty easily. 

After a lot of consideration, I ended up taking a slightly more expensive afternoon flight instead of the cheaper early morning one.  The cheaper one would have forced me to take a more expensive method to the airport, thereby negating any savings, but it would have given me a whole day in London.  I thought about it, but ultimately decided that it wouldn't be worth it, since I would have no place to leave my bag.  And any running around I might do in London would just increase my expenses. 

Instead, I will have a last lazy morning in Madrid.  If it's nice, I will go to Retiro Park.  If it's raining, I will visit the Prado or the Thyssen museum.  By the time I need to check out of the hotel, it will be time to head for the airport, so I will walk down to Atocha and catch the Airport Express bus.  Thanks to Lynda, I will be staying at the Westin Palace again (yay!), which is really handy for arriving from Barcelona and leaving for the airport, as well as all the major sightseeing.

Everything is decided except for three nights' lodging in Barcelona and one in London.  I also haven't booked a bus from Gatwick to Heathrow yet because I haven't figured out whether I will stay near Gatwick or Heathrow that night.  All in good time....

No comments:

Post a Comment