Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Last Piece....For Now

The other day I asked Jaime to start scouting for a place for me to stay near where he lives outside Barcelona.  I said I only had two requirements - a private bath and wifi.  He found one that fit those requirements (and my budget) - a Holiday Inn Express in Montmelo.  It looked nice, came with breakfast, and had wifi for a charge (no idea how much).

Listed nearby, though, was a Sidorme.  I loved the one we stayed at near Granada, so I took a closer look.  It was about the same price, but wifi was free.  And I found I could book it without breakfast, which saved me $10/day!  (It is easy enough to grab something at a store to have in the room, though the breakfast there was really great.)  Then I noticed the coffee-making facilities in the room - and the indoor pool!  SOLD! I booked it while I was still chatting online with Jaime.  He told me that the area, near the Formula 1 racetrack, was now full of stores and coffee shops, so that will be perfect for skipping breakfast at the hotel.

I am getting to the list-making point for all of the little things that need to get done. I collected a half-dozen geocoins from other CIGA members to leave in caches, so I need to try to identify some caches that they might fit in.  I'm buying some sturdy walking sandals - a little safer than flip flops for walking around all day. I need to get with a friend to buy the leftover euros she has from a recent trip to Ireland.  I need some new tops and pants/shorts.  And I need to spend some time getting reacquainted with my camera and international cell phone.

28 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment