Sunday, August 4, 2013

3....2....1....

Just two full days stand between me and my takeoff day!

I finally decided to take the shuttle from Normal to O'Hare, so I will be leaving town at 11:30 on Wednesday.  I have already checked in for my MAD-LGW flight and my PIK-BCN flight.  I will check in for the ORD-LHR flight on Tuesday night after 6:00.  I have my bus and train tickets and hotel confirmations printed.  I have GBP in my wallet and euros in my carryon bag.  I still have some home things to do (Kym would probably appreciate my paying the bills so she doesn't have to sit here in the dark), but I am pretty much ready to go.

One small hitch is that my international phone is no longer among the living.  I will probably pick up a cheap one once I get to London. I will have my regular phone with me, but it doesn't work in Europe.  I can use the apps and get email when I am in wifi areas, but it's no good for calls.  I will see what I can find during my five hour period between landing in London and catching the train, but if I don't get one for a day or two, it's not a big deal.

One other little thing is that my Scottish B&B doesn't have wifi.  I might not have a problem finding free wifi while I am there, but if I miss a day of posting here, please don't panic.  I'm guessing that if something did happen, the proper authorities would be in touch.  But they won't, because everything will be fine.

My time in London will be a little busy.  It will take an hour to get into town.  I have to see Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross station, I have some geocaching to do on the way to Euston Station, and I have some shopping to do at Boots.  I will need to pick up a couple of sandwiches and drinks for the train, too, since it's a five hour trip.  Lisa will be meeting me, and we plan to get dinner after I check in at the B&B.  Sue and her husband will be along later in the evening.

So.... three more sleeps and I'm off!

4 comments:

  1. Seems like alot of waiting,but im sure it will be totally worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo your almost on your way.. ..in fact time difference may mean your already on your way, in that case WOOHOO ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take time zone lessons from my mom, Lisa? :-) I leave in just about 24 hours, and my flight leaves Chicago about 31 hours from now. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a nice trip!!! I am looking forward to seing you soon.

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete