Sunday, August 18, 2013

Greetings from Gredos


I am now in Gredos.  We left Madrid at 8:45 and arrived here at about 12:30.  We had one break on the drive, a stop just outside the walled city of Avila.  I was under the understanding that we were actually going to the town, but no.  I was also under the understanding that we would have wifi in the rooms, too, but no - at least not in mine.  So I am stuck with coming to the lobby to post, but it's not a huge problem, since my building is right behind the main one, where the wifi actually lives. Tomorrow I will do my posting during siesta.  I am really tired, so this will be short.
 
                                                                       Avila
 
When we first got here, we had a little introductory exercise, then lunch, and then we were assigned our rooms. Mine is actually sort of a little townhouse, with a sitting room and TV and fridge downstairs, and bedroom and bathroom upstairs. Instead of blinds or curtains, the windows are covered with wooden doors which latch. The bathroom has double sinks and a huge tub with.... jacuzzi!! (I am definitely looking forward to that later on.) There would have been no way I could have managed in a room like this last year! 
  
We have already had four hours of one-to-one conversations, then dinner.  The number of Anglos and Spaniards is even this week, so I won't have nearly as much (if any) free time as I did last year.  Echh.... I am tired of talking and can't really even think any more today.  And that jacuzzi is calling my name.......
  

No comments:

Post a Comment